cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM running config in RME archive is not complete

g.meerkoetter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few FWSM contexts (Version 3.2(7)) which always appear in the Startup and Running Out-Of-Sync report.

The obvious reason is, that the "show running-config" command on the FWSM hides "asdm" commands, while "show startup" does include them.

IMHO, hiding commands from "show runn" is an insane idea in the first place. But I don't think I have a chance to get this fixed.

RME should cope with this problem, anyway.

The obviuos workaround would be to use "show running-config all" to archive the uncrippled running config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could also add the asdm commands to the list of excluded commands under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt. This should get your report working for the time being.

Yes, thanks. I know that it would make the symptom disappear. But I'd rather see my config

archived completely.

Are you going to have that problem fixed?

I'm unable to completely evaluate such a fix, as I don't have any FWSMs. I suggest you open a TAC Service request so a bug can be filed.

Ok, I've opened SR 610551953.

My SE has completely missed the point. :-(

I'm trying to get a more seasoned engineer...

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

Fixing the FWSM is a better solution than I dared to expect. Many thanks to Ramses who got that bug filed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: