cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks ANI database engine failed to start

connect
Level 1
Level 1

The ANIDb engine is failing to start with a couple of errors in the event log which states there is a share violation.

24 Replies 24

connect
Level 1
Level 1

The ANIDb engine is failing to start with a couple of errors in the event log which states there is a share violation.

I am attaching the screenshots of the errors from the Event Viewer and while I start the service manually.

Pls help.....

Please post a screenshot of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Clarke,

It have been attached with the file name ANI Service Start_Error.jpg. Pls let me know if you need a fresh one.

You should not be using this interface to start any CiscoWorks services. Your statup parameters look okay. Either your ANI database is corrupt, or your transaction log is corrupt.

First, set the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service to Manual, and reboot the server. When the server reboots, delete NMSROOT\databases\ani\ani.log if it exists. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\ani\ani.db

After that, set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, and reboot again. See if the ANI database engine starts. If not, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database with the command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

thanks Clarke. ANI started.

but now, I have a strange problem. I am not able to start the portal. I mean the login screen comes. but after giving the id and password, everything becomes white. the screen becomes blank. attached is the screen shot.

Please post the output of the pdshow command. Did you change any of the other service startup parameters besides Daemon Manager?

I did not change anything except the daemon manager. But that too was restored as you instructed. attached is the latest pdshow output.

Your DCRServer is down. Please post the DCRServer.log and dcr.log along with the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

ya i noticed that. attached below are the files.

It looks like this LMS server is integrated with ACS. Is that correct?

yes. correct.

It appears this integration is currently broken. Try resetting to local authentication and authorization, and see if the portal (and DCR) work. To do this, run:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ResetLoginModule.pl

could not reset. gave an error

E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\R

esetLoginModule.pl

Changing mode from ACS to CMF....

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0

at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:432)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.ResetLoginModule.getCCREntry(Unknown Source

)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.ResetLoginModule.changeAdminCCR(Unknown Sou

rce)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.ResetLoginModule.main(Unknown Source)

Can not change the Login Module: Error in executing the ResetLoginModule

I was afraid of this. It looks like your regdaemon.xml file may be corrupt. Please post NMSROOT\MDC\etc\regdaemon.xml.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: