LMS 2.2 / DFM error

Unanswered Question
Jan 22nd, 2009

I'm using CiscoWorks 2000 with Common services 2.2 & DFM 1.2 with IDU installed. Whenver I restart the CiscoWorks service or system reboots I receive a DFM error message in windows event viewer.

I have also enclosed the screen shot of the same.

Ashish Gupta

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
drolemc Wed, 01/28/2009 - 13:25

Seems like this is a separate issue, because the LMS update 1 patch changes only cosmetic issues within DFM (CSCdz02398), and does not in any way change the way DFM functions.

The error message you quoted is a generic windows error message generated by the event manager when it tries to look up a description of an event from a software subcomponent and fails to find it.

The other message about the snmp manager shutting down is something i've seen on my servers also. DFM does a bad job of issuing an "OK" message after an "down" message has been sent. if DFM is functioning ok, then you dont have to worry about the msg. DFMServer can get disconnected because of various reasons from DfmBroker and one of them is if the system is busy. and if you're using the monitoring console and it disconnected that could be a problem of communication b/w your client desktop and the server.

This Discussion