Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM to ACE module migration bridged

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone experience with migrating csm module to ACE module in a Cat6500 using bridge mode ?

I can migrate on a per vlan basis but would like to know if migrating on a per vserver would be possible in bridge mode ?

here is what I get when I configure both blades :

1w2d: %CSM_SLB-4-TOPOLOGY: Module x warning: CSM has received a packet that it may have transmitted. This may indicate a bridge loop

Thanks for your help.

Luc

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are migrating from csm to ace, have you tried the conversion tool csm2ace ?

it is available from the ACE GUI.

http://

Not sure why you are concerned about csm error message if migrating to ACE ?

G.

Hi G.

the problem is that as both blade are bridging the same vlans, they create a loop and we cannot migrate all our services on 1 go so both blade must coexist.

I also checked the conversion tool for the config and it seems to be quite good ;-)

what I would like is to have the both csm and ace bridging in order to migrate 1 Virtual server at a time.

BTW are you going to networkers Barcelona ?

Configuring 2 devices in bridge mode without spanning (the loadbalancers do not do spanning-tree) is for sure going to create loops.

I just don't know how you could easily migrate in such a scenario.

No Barcelona for me.

Haven't been to Networkers for many years.

Not sure why they think software engineers are not supposed to be there :-)

G.

Thanks for your reply anyway, I think we will migrate on a per vlan basis then ;-)

You should be at networkers for the "ask the experts" session for data center application networking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: