Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM to ACE module migration bridged

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone experience with migrating csm module to ACE module in a Cat6500 using bridge mode ?

I can migrate on a per vlan basis but would like to know if migrating on a per vserver would be possible in bridge mode ?

here is what I get when I configure both blades :

1w2d: %CSM_SLB-4-TOPOLOGY: Module x warning: CSM has received a packet that it may have transmitted. This may indicate a bridge loop

Thanks for your help.

Luc

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are migrating from csm to ace, have you tried the conversion tool csm2ace ?

it is available from the ACE GUI.

http://

Not sure why you are concerned about csm error message if migrating to ACE ?

G.

Hi G.

the problem is that as both blade are bridging the same vlans, they create a loop and we cannot migrate all our services on 1 go so both blade must coexist.

I also checked the conversion tool for the config and it seems to be quite good ;-)

what I would like is to have the both csm and ace bridging in order to migrate 1 Virtual server at a time.

BTW are you going to networkers Barcelona ?

Configuring 2 devices in bridge mode without spanning (the loadbalancers do not do spanning-tree) is for sure going to create loops.

I just don't know how you could easily migrate in such a scenario.

No Barcelona for me.

Haven't been to Networkers for many years.

Not sure why they think software engineers are not supposed to be there :-)

G.

Thanks for your reply anyway, I think we will migrate on a per vlan basis then ;-)

You should be at networkers for the "ask the experts" session for data center application networking.