Skills based routing not behaving as expected

Unanswered Question
Jan 22nd, 2009

We are having calls being routed in an unexpected manner. Here is the scenario:

Two queues setup

Agent1 is member of both queues but have a comp. level of the following for each:

Q1 = 5

Q2 = 8

Agent2 is member only Q1 with competency level of 5.

So let's say both agents are currently in a talking state and calls are waiting in both queues. If agent1 becomes available he will be presented Q1 instead of Q2 calls if they have been in the queue longer. We expected that since he is highest skill set for Q2 and both queues are set to Most Skilled routing, that he would receive a Q2 calls until that queue was clear. What seems to be happening is that he receives the oldest call from either queue, regardless of skill level.

Any idea what is happening or a way to restructure to get the desired behavior of Agent1 getting Q2 calls when present before taking any Q1 calls?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
CHRIS CHARLEBOIS Thu, 01/22/2009 - 08:11

I do not beleive that the agent selection process for Q1 takes into account competency levels in other queues at all. Therefore, I think it is working as it should.

It might be possible to do what you want by increasing the priority of the calls in Q2. However, I am not sure about that; priority may only effect queue order within the existing queue.

Chad Stachowicz Thu, 01/22/2009 - 08:39

I can confirm that ccharlebois is correct. Priority only affects within a single Queue. Therefore what your trying to do cannot be accomplished with how you are doing it :)

bndooley Thu, 01/22/2009 - 08:42

So back to the final question... Ideas on how to restructure such that we get the desired behavior. I've been pouring over the docs, and the whole idea of controlling ordering between different CSQs does not get much treatment.

Chad Stachowicz Thu, 01/22/2009 - 08:57

well, TBH your going to see that your can't control things between 2 CSQ's only within your own CSQ. This is the same in UCCE. The only thing you may be able to do is reserve the resource so it doesn't get grabbed by the other queue somehow, but I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe check to see if anyone is in Q2 and if there is reserve the resource. Just a thought.

Chris Deren Thu, 01/22/2009 - 13:44

What is your selection algorithm on the CSQs?

If it is Longest Idle then it behaves as expected, you need most skilled in order to ensure the agent with higher competency gets the second call first.

l.mourits Tue, 01/27/2009 - 03:47

Create one Queue, triggered with two JTAPI triggers, have two skill levels, one for each trigger, and set skills and priority to the call based on DNIS. Just a thought!

Anthony Holloway Tue, 01/27/2009 - 07:36

"...and set skill and priority..."

Are you saying that you know a way to set/modify the skill of a CSQ in a script? This would be invaluable to me. Please share.

This Discussion