cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM6.1.2 Phones don't detect Firmware update

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade the phone firmware for 7912's / 7940's and this is the first time I have done it on a 6.1 server.

Following the instructions, I uploaded the .cop.sgn file via the "OS Admin" web interface. Completed fine. I then checked the file name in "Device Defaults" and it has changed to reflect the new version. I then restart a phone - no update. I disconnect the phone, delete it, plug it in - no update. I know I have not got the original load set specifically on this handset. I then take a new phone out of the box, it upgrades the firmware on boot - but to the same as the rest of the handsets, not to the latest I have just loaded.

Am I missing a step here ?

The firmware version is only a smal step 7940 8.0(8.0) to 8.0(10) - but I need to get this working.

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Try changing the Device Pool in the device defaults next to your load, to the device pool your phone is in :)

Chad

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

This is actually working now. It was either a timing issue or a locale problem...

Checking the TFTP logs, there where errors relating to missing "United Kingdom" files. For simplicity I set the system locales to US (both network and user). When I rebooted the phone, the firmware upgraded.

This may be coincidence and it may just have been a timing issue. However, a good 10 minutes after uploading the files the phones where still picking up the "wrong" firmware (not upgrading).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: