layer 2 mpls vpn effect

Unanswered Question
Jan 22nd, 2009
User Badges:

Hello all,

I have 3 7600s that I am trying to bring up a layer 2 mpls vpn on. The eastern end 7600 as well as the 7606 in the middle are running 12.2(33)SRB5 ios and the backbone 7609 is running 12.2(18)SXF13. I can bring up the vpn and the ldp neighbors establish and everything looks normal. The problem is that once this vpn is up some customers who are 1 hop away from the eastern 7600 cannot reach certain websites such as yahoo.com. It appears to be very random and does not affect everybody who traverses the link that the vpn runs over. Once I break the ldp neighbor relationship between the middle 7606(SRB5) and the 7609(SXF13) the problem goes away. This particular link is eigrp and from what I understand should not be a problem since it's a simple xconnect. There are 3 other 7600s in the south that are all running SXF code also as well as bgp as they comprise the backbone and I have multiple layer 2 vpns between them and the northern 7609 with no problems. Could there be an incompatibility between the SRB and SXF codes? Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shivlu jain Fri, 01/23/2009 - 02:31
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

AT the first instant we can thought of labels malfunctining but as you have said its only problem with the yahoo site then it might be problem of 7600. I would recommend go with SB13 series.

Regarding Labels Issues I made bost to my blog you can check on shivlu.blogspot.com under MPLS section.

regards

shivlu jain

Actions

This Discussion