Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Resource MIB/OID for CACTI

stephg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I looking for the exact mib.OID for the resources(conc-connections, bandwidth, ssl-connections rate....) that show up when doing a 'show resource usage' so I could monitor them in CACTI.

I have been looking into this, but not being an expert in MIB's I cannot seem to find the exact ones.

Thank you,

Stephane

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like the ciscoL4L7ResourceLimitTable and ciscoL4L7ResourceUsageSummaryTable from the CISCO-L4L7MODULE-RESOURCE-LIMIT-MIB will give you what you want. The OID for the tables are 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.480.1.1.2 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.480.1.1.5 respectively.

So in the CISCO-L4L7MODULE-RESOURCE-LIMIT-MIB, things like ssl-connection rate are there. But, how do I associate the index values with the names from 'show resource usage'? The class name is encoded in the OID, but I can't find anything that says like ...480.1.1.4.1.3..9 is "ssl-connection rate".

Do I have to assume that since "ssl-connection rate" is the 8th row in 'show resource usage' it will be the .9 index?

Just answered my own question. CiscoRateLimitResourceType contains a list of resource type mappings. e.g.

sslConnections (9) : SSL connections per second.

Hi!

Could you please provide me your template for Cacti? To monitor SSL connections? I'm trying to develop it myself but I'm not good :s!

Finally I've done it myself on Cacti:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=174500#174500

Hope it works for you ! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: