cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a Directory Handler

skroesen1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup the Directory Handler in Unity 5. Using the default pre-built handler, when I dial in I get the greeting and press 4 to search by name. I put in the name and it finds a match, but it does not route the call to the phone, it goes straight to that subscriber's mailbox. What might the problem be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

Check the Subscriber Template, then Call Transfer, then under 'Transfer Incoming Calls to Subscriber's Phone'. Make sure the option that says 'Yes, Ring Subscriber's Extension' is selected.

Transfer options apply to indirect calls, such as the one via the Directory Handler, so the configuration of the Transfer settings on the subscriber or template may be the cause of what you are seeing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

Check the Subscriber Template, then Call Transfer, then under 'Transfer Incoming Calls to Subscriber's Phone'. Make sure the option that says 'Yes, Ring Subscriber's Extension' is selected.

Transfer options apply to indirect calls, such as the one via the Directory Handler, so the configuration of the Transfer settings on the subscriber or template may be the cause of what you are seeing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks, that fixed it!

sk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: