cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device not in DFM

russnash
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 that is in DCR and showing up in device center, but it is not in the Device Fault Manager?

Running: Device Fault Manager 3.0.4 and CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then you need to add the device to ACS first. Once you do, log out of LMS, then log back in. Then go to DFM, and you should be able to find the device, and manage it.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM 3.0 does not auto-manage DCR devices by default. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and make sure you are synchronizing this device from DCR.

Hi jclarke,

I have same problem too. I have done the Device Import in DFM. But the status discovery state is 10% completed. It has been a week now. I have no idea what to do.

Pls help. Thank you.

Please start a new thread for your issue.

ok thanks

russnash
Level 1
Level 1

device is in device center, but there is no data available for the device. Do I need to delete the device and add it again?

What do you mean, "no data?" It would be helpful to see a screenshot.

enclosed

So the device is still not managed by any of the applications. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import. Make sure this device is synced with DFM. If it is, check its management status under DFM > Device Management > Discovery Status. The device needs to be in a Known state.

device is not found in DFM.

Okay, then under the Device Import screen in DFM, choose the device from the list, then click the Import button. After about three minutes, the device will be managed by DFM at least.

but the device is in the DCR.

no device is found???

Your query is wrong. The management IP address is 10.240.0.14 not 110.240.0.14.

hi, Joseph

what can i do to check this device is synced with DFM?

i have same problem too

i have 238 devices, but only 2 device had been import in DFM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco