cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Options

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1760 router running 12(3)24 IPBase. I am having trouble adding a command to my DHCP pool. I need to add the command: option 66 ascii "Pano Logic" to the DHCP pool. Unfortunately, the router won't let me put a space between Pano and Logic. If i put an underscore or dash it works fine. I need there to not be a space and according to the config I viewed from another company's router I should be able to do this. Do I need an different IOS version to let this happen?

ip dhcp pool DRC-DATA

network 10.181.128.0 255.255.248.0

default-router 10.181.128.1

domain-name morrishospital.org

netbios-node-type h-node

dns-server 10.180.13.1 10.180.13.2

netbios-name-server 10.180.13.1

option 60 ascii "PXEClient"

lease 2

3 Replies 3

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

Option 66 requires a FQDN, which cannot contain blank spaces. You could alternatively use option 150 with the IP address of the tftp server, i.e.

option 150 ip www.xxx.yyy.zzz

HTH,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying. The configuration example i was give supposedly came directly from another Cisco Router that had Option 66 with a space. I will check back with the company and verify. Thanks.

No problem. By the way, you actually can use option 66 with an IP address instead of ascii. Option 150 is used by Cisco as you can specify multiple ip addresses if you have more than 1 tftp server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card