Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id information on FXO port

bwilloby46
Level 1
Level 1

IOS: 12(4)15T

Caller id information is not pulling on Vic2-4FXO. Analog telephone pulls information correctly. Output of debug vpm signal reports "get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID receive failed. parseCallerIDString:no data." Please help. What could be problem? bad FXO? Have tried different cptone, region, etc. with no luck. Bellcor is set as standard.

22 Replies 22

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this with CME or CM? If CM are you using H323 or MGCP? Caller ID is not supported with MGCP on this IOS.

If H323 then do you have caller-id enable on the voice port?

Chris

CM. Caller-id enable command is on FXO ports. H323 gateway.

bwilloby46
Level 1
Level 1

any ideas? Currently have this issue at 2 seperate remote sites.

looks like a bug, have you tried another IOS to see if this behaves the same way, i.e. 12.4.7g.

Have you looked through bug query?

Chris

we have 3 sites that are up and running on the same version of code without any issues on exact same hardware and configuration. I have not checked the bug tool. An engineer from Berbee actually recommended this upgrade on our remote sites. We have 12.4(7)g running on our voice gateway in our C/O off of a PRI and caller ID is not accepted either although is being presented to smartjack, but that is a whole other issue. Issues seem to all be on Verizon Telco lines. Your thoughts?

Could very well be that the problem lines do not have the service enabled by the telco. A quick way to verify would be to plug the phone line into a plain analog phone and see if caller ID is received. If the same code and configuration works elsewhere, then the telco lines are the next likely cause.

Regards,

Michael.

initial post confirms that analog phone pulls caller id info. see 1st post

Can you attached the entire "debug vpm signal"

Chris

Can you upgrade to latest 12.4(15)T and try again ? Also, could you try setting optimal impedance first with THL sweeps as described at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

If you want to explain also about the PRI problem, be welcome to open another thread.

I would not recommend anything above 12.4.15T4 as there are major DTMF bugs I've been fighting with on all T5 - T8 versions. I keep waiting for a good release to find out the issues are not fixed every time it's released.

Chris

The bug you're talking about is fixed into T8.

CSCso87127.

Plus, all of this is a non-issue in 12.4(20)T and 12.4(22)T.

-nick

Nick,

issue is still easily replicated with T8 in tandem with CVP as my team just validated it during recent testing, we have an open TAC case on it, plus the versions you reference are not supported with CVP, not to mention a lot of issues encountered with 12.4.20T, I have not had a chance to spend any time on 12.4.22T yet, so no comment there.

I have to admit that lately I've been very disappointed with IOS releases as it pertains to voice feature fixes as there seems to be no solid versions anymore, I still recommend 12.4.7g to majority customers and 12.4.15T4 to ones needing support in SRST for 3rd generation phones as all others have simply been too buggy, which in the field simply means trouble and a lot of wasted time and money.

Hopefully things will improve one day and we'll be back to old, better times...

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you email me the SR # I'll take a look. The particular DTMF bug in question is something I worked on and helped create a fix for, so I'm interested to see what issue you're running into on 12.4(15)T8. You may have something else going on (like not deleting the dsp_c5510_flex.rbf file between reloads), or a new bug.

-nick

Nick,

Thanks, what's your email address?

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: