Level 5
Level 5

Guys

ive just completed a lab which includes

1. LCS 2005

2. MOC

3. CUPS -6.X

4. CUCM 6.X

everything is working fine (took a few days as this was my first time) and i can make and place calls and see status etc.

my question is if the following scenario possible?

1. lets say im at a different department not near to my phone

2. i log onto MOC from my laptop

3. i would like to make and receive calls to and from my deskphone from MOC and can have a conversation with the person using the laptop.

basically, the deskphone itself is in one location but im in a next location.

i saw that you can use ip communicator to do "something" like that but i cant see why it cant be done using MOC. ..again its the first time im doing this so i probably missed a few lines and im still trying to get an appreciation of all the functionalities

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This feature is called "direct SIP", which is not available right now. For now, you can make MOC call to MOC only.

ETA of "Direct SIP" would be in 2nd half of 2009.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

hey thanks for the reply

i also read that you can presently do a direct integration from OCS to CUCM to have MOC be used as a phone.(which is what i gather the dierct SIP is all about right.

therefore, is it at all possible to have 2 sip trunks so we can get the presence and the softphone capability?

finally, with direct sip, does this mean that the customer no longer requires the presence server?

You are right. There will be a Cisco plug-in on MOC, which eliminate the necessity of presence server, while providing soft phone and presence feature.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: