cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory collection problem in RME

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

I am using RME 4.1.1 and i am facig problem ralated to inventory collection with one of my device.

I have total 8 devices, all are managed properly by RME and other applications and have same IOS and device credentials.RME successfully collect inventory for 7 devices but never collect inventory for one particular device.

I have checked everything including device credentials(telnet passwod, snmp etc.) and also tried to delete and add the device in DCR but didn't get any success.

Can anyone help me to understand what may be the problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This looks like a simple SNMP timeout situation. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes, and increase the SNMP timeout for this device. Start at 10, and increase it if necessary.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the IC_Server.log after performing an inventory collection of this device. What type of device is it? What version of code is it running?

Hi, Pls find the attached IC_Secer log file. I started inventory collection for two routers 10.236.24.60 and 10.236.24.62.Both roters are 7609 and have identical config and IOS image SRA4.bin.

RME successfully collected inventory for 10.236.24.60 but failed for .62 router.

This looks like a simple SNMP timeout situation. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes, and increase the SNMP timeout for this device. Start at 10, and increase it if necessary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco