Callmanager upgrade 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 partition problem

Unanswered Question
Jan 22nd, 2009

Hi All, im trying to upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 however, the ISO is about 2Gigs and I get the error "There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade. Please use either the Platform Command Line Interface or the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to free space on the common partition."

Is there a way I can get around this or increase my partition size. I'm attaching a jpeg screen shot of my console partition sizes.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Thu, 01/22/2009 - 15:32

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the bug that is outlined in this great thread and the workarounds from Tommer and Esteban and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

carbonscoring Thu, 01/22/2009 - 16:26

Hi Rob thanks for the post. Ive actually tried two diffrent SFTP programs and I have burned the ISO to DVD and tried local. I get the same error. I'm assuming that the ISO is loaded to the active partition and if you look at my jpeg I only have 982068K which roughly equates to 0.9Gig. If its trying to load the ISO and all of the ISO I can see where the problem is, however I had thought that upgrades where always loaded into the inactive partition which in this case I would have plenty of space. Is there another way of maybe cleaning up unnecssary space if they error is legit.

gogasca Mon, 01/26/2009 - 00:27

hi Mike

Mmm logging partition is the only reason we are getting this error.

You can delete some all traces| core files or open a tac case to verify this in your server properly

dconstantino Mon, 02/02/2009 - 07:16

Couple of things I would look into while you are upgrading. Are you trying to go from 6.12.1000-13 to 6.13 base SW. Make sure that you do not have to go to the latest ES or SR before going to 6.13. Just check the compatibillity.

This Discussion