cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager upgrade 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 partition problem

carbonscoring
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, im trying to upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 however, the ISO is about 2Gigs and I get the error "There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade. Please use either the Platform Command Line Interface or the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to free space on the common partition."

Is there a way I can get around this or increase my partition size. I'm attaching a jpeg screen shot of my console partition sizes.

thanks,

Mike

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the bug that is outlined in this great thread and the workarounds from Tommer and Esteban and you should be good to go :)

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc186b6/1#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for the post. Ive actually tried two diffrent SFTP programs and I have burned the ISO to DVD and tried local. I get the same error. I'm assuming that the ISO is loaded to the active partition and if you look at my jpeg I only have 982068K which roughly equates to 0.9Gig. If its trying to load the ISO and all of the ISO I can see where the problem is, however I had thought that upgrades where always loaded into the inactive partition which in this case I would have plenty of space. Is there another way of maybe cleaning up unnecssary space if they error is legit.

thanks,

Mike

hi Mike

Mmm logging partition is the only reason we are getting this error.

You can delete some all traces| core files or open a tac case to verify this in your server properly

Couple of things I would look into while you are upgrading. Are you trying to go from 6.12.1000-13 to 6.13 base SW. Make sure that you do not have to go to the latest ES or SR before going to 6.13. Just check the compatibillity.