Views
Helpful
Replies

ipv6 support on SCE

gary.tf.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know the support level of ipv6 in the Service Control Engine products ?

Can it classifiy ipv6 packets and also reconize the applications inside the ipv6 packets ?

I'm searching for information of similar products like Packetshaper, which lists ipv6 in its supported protocol list, but I wonder it can only reconize ipv6, but not to the ipv6 applications level.

4 Replies 4

aquafon123
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I kinda have the same sort of a question!

and I couldn't really find a proper answer ye;

Cisco guides say that the only subscriber mode run with IPv6 is Subscriber-less mode, so I don't understand how to manage your subscribers using that mode, and how would that work with the billing?

I noticed that you've posted this in 2009, so please if you found any information around ipv6 subject share with us

thank you

Hi aquafon123,

Which guide do you read?

Configuration Guide Release 3.8.x says "From Cisco SCOS Release 3.8.0, IPv6 works on subscriber awareness mode".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel38x/swcfg8000_10gbe/Overview.html#wp1052957

Thanks,

Yoshihiro

Hi Yoshihiro,

thank you for replying it's appreciated; I'm reading from configuration guide release 4.0.x "Cisco SEC8000 10GBE software configuration guide> manageing subscribers chapter"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel40x/swcfg8000_10gbe/Managing_Subscribers.html

and there is this note few lines down the top of the guide, that says IPv6 only works with subscriber-less mode

does this mean that the guys in cisco left a flaw in the guides? shouldn't they delete this note from the guides at v3.8.x and higher!

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with such situation, because usually these refrences are flawless!

so, thank you very much for helping, your guidance was more helpful to me at this point than Cisco's!

regards to you Yoshihiro

Inal Agrba

Hi Inal Agrba,

The description seems to be a document bug because the document says that IPv6 works on subscriber awareness mode in another page as I mentioned in previous reply and actually you can see how to make subscriber csv file for IPv6 in the same page.

The subscriber awareness mode is supported from SCOS 3.8.0

Thanks,

Yoshihiro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: