Views
Helpful
Replies

How to recover from failed CSA MC 6 install

watsoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying to install CSA MC 6 on a client's HP DL380, after each install the server does not boot.

We can get into Safe Mode after a few reboots but I don't currently have any log files as the client has rebuilt the server.

Does anybody have any experience of this? How did you recover the server?Does uninstalling the CSA Agent in Safe Mode make the server bootable?

I have tested on a DL380 G3 in the lab but the production version is G3 and I think there may be a conflict with the network cards and I'm unlikely to be allowed to use different hardware.

Any help much appreciated!!

2 Replies 2

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

But does the actual installation complete on the server, does the server then try to reboot but then crashes ?

I would think it is much more plausible that there was a conflict in the software on that server, than the hardware, the CSAMC is not to be thought of as just another server, so you can't just install whatever products that normally goes on the server without thorough testing, this includes AV and backup agents.

Hi,

Yes the installation completes but when the server reboots it is not possible to log in. The error message states that either the user does not have the correct security privileges or the user profile is corrupt. This happens for any user that tries to log in.

When I try to uninstall the CSA Agent before the reboot it won't allow me as the installer is still running at this point.

In safe mode the event logs show that the server service is having a problem.

Also the same build works on a G3 DL380.

Cisco haven't seen this issue before so it's with the developers at the moment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card