cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC VM via IMAP unknown number

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

cupc 7.x, cups 7.x when a user that is not cup enabled leves a message and we retrieve via CUPC client we get to see the number that called so we can ring it back . However if its a cupc enabled caller then we see 'unknown number' when retrieving via IMAP....cheers, Jeff

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Question: If you enable it with CUP, you'll be able to see the number after that?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

please ellaborate, enable it where?

you said "when a user that is not cup enabled...". I'm assuming you know where to enable it? :)

Michael

Michael,

sorry did'nt explain myself clearly. We know where to CUP enable users.

The issue is that a non cup registered user leaves a VM messsage that is retrieved by the CUPC using IMAP shows the number of the caller. However when a CUP enabled user leaves a message and we retrieve via IMAP on CUPC we only get 'unknown number' in the number field.(no problems retrieving the message)...TIA, Jeff

Oops...I thought it was the other way around. :(

Just for testing purpose, can you do this?

1) Ask a CUP user (user A) leave a voicemail for another CUP user (user B).

2) Ask user B retrieve the VM from CUPC. It should show the number as 'unknown' if I understood it right.

3) Make user A a non-CUP users (on CUCM > System > Licensing > Capability Assigments).

4) Repeat step 1 & 2 again. See if there's any difference?

Thanks!

Michael

We have reproduced using the above steps. The only way we can make it work correctly if we make display name for Unity different to the name as it appears in AD i.e if the AD name for the user is User1 and its Unity display name is User1 then we will not get the number displayed if a message is left from a CUPC user. If however we change the display name in Unity to User 1 (notice the space) then it works fine. As soon as the display names match it causes a problem. (we can change the display name in Unity but customer wants it the same).

Have you opened a TAC case for this? This doesn't make sense to me.

If you could, open case between 12:45pm and 3:15pm CST and ask for "Michael Luo".

Thanks!

Michael

Thanks Michael, I will get an on site colleague to get some more info and raise a case...J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: