cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Not Sending SNMP trap On IF-DOWN Clear

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who had DFM 3.0.2 instrumented with a TRAP notification group to send DFM events as snmp traps to CIC on port 3100. For the most part this works. Except in some cases.

We get the IF-Down eventtrap from DFM but on some cases not the clear. I cannot find in CIC trap capture files any trace of the clear trap but at the same time I haven't yet got the client convinced that DFM didn't send the trap. hence no TAC case on DFM so far.

Now the client DFM Trap notifier is sending alerts and events on critical and major on active and clears to CIC port 3100 with an event set that includes most everything except manual clears. CIC ignores the alert traps and only processes the event traps.

What do I need to ask the client to do to validate if DFm is sending the clear trap to CIC ? If there a log somewhere for this ? Sniffer trace is too hard to do since ifdowns like this are infrequent and the rest of the traps are high volume.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Verify the Notification Group is configured properly. For cleared notifications to be sent, you need to have both the Cleared and the Informational boxes checked. You should also confirm that the events are actually clearing in the DFM AAD.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Verify the Notification Group is configured properly. For cleared notifications to be sent, you need to have both the Cleared and the Informational boxes checked. You should also confirm that the events are actually clearing in the DFM AAD.

All fixed. Thanks.

The issues was on the DFM server that wasn't sending clears its trap notification groups had CLEARS selected but didn't have information severity selected. Thanks,