Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection issue of video advantage & IP phone in CM 6.1.2

I am running CUCM 6.1.2 & IP telephony with firmware 8.0(8) in the network .

After setting up CUVA 2.1.2.0 in PC ( XP SP2) ,I observed the following issue.

Meanwhile, video Capability & PC port enabled in each 7940 phone device in CUCM 6.1.2

PC system tray CUVA software icon displays message frequently " Could not connect to any Phone". But inside the CUVA software, it shows the Cisco phone is present but it keeps disappearing and re-appearing after some time .

I have tried wiht another PC with XP SP3 but same problem exists.

Appreciate your input..

regards,

Waruna

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

This may happen if the Phone itself was configured to block all packets coming into its "PC Port" - Please ensure that the "PC Port" feature is enabled. Also try swapping out the Phone with a phone that is known to work with CVTA.

Hi Iris ,

Thanks for input.

By default , PC port confg was enabled for IP phones.

What happened was that Ip phones were not retrieving the new config file eventhough got reset through Call manager Admin..

On PC ,  we were not able to get the latest config .xml file from TFTP.. Phone reset was not helpful on this .

So tftp reset was required , Then we got the latest config with video capabilities enabled via tftp ..

Got the video icon on phone LCD .

reagards,

Waruna

This is great info and helped me resolve an issue I was having with getting the Video Advantage Camera to work for a phone on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager 6.1. I had video capabilities enabled, but the video icon did not display on the phone. Also under settings, device configuration, Media configuration, the Video Capability Enabled was set to No, even though it was enabled. I was able to get this to work after resetting the TFTP service and resetting the phone.

Thanks for the information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: