Unity Running Failover Config Wizard - <domain/workgroup> is not accessible

Unanswered Question
Jan 23rd, 2009

Hi,

I just installed two Unity 5.0(1) servers. It is Unified Messaging with Active Directory 2003 and Exchange 2007.

I am at the end where I have to run the Failover Configuration Wizard. I start to run it on the Primary and when I am at the step to browse to the Seconday server, when I click on the domain/workgroup, I get the following error:

<workgroup/domain> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Frederick Nielsen Fri, 01/23/2009 - 09:31

I've had MSFT Browser issues which in turn have hampered the FO Wizard in the past as well. Your best bet is try and figure out what is going on there, which may take some sorting to figure out.

But an alternative to trick out the wizard so that you don't need to hit Browse that you may want to try:

1. To ensure proper name resolution, add the opposite Unity machine to the LMHOSTS file on both servers, i.e:

10.1.1.2 unity2 #PRE

2. refresh the NetBIOS name cache to load this entries on both machines:

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -c (to verify)

3. add the opposite machine to the HOSTS file on both servers also

4. add the following registry entries to the following key on both machines: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvCsNodeMgr\1.0"

String value: "Partner Server IP" and set the value to the IP address of the opposite server (i.e. "10.1.1.2")

String value: "Partner Server Name" and set the value to the NetBIOS computer name (no domain suffix) (i.e. "UNITY2")

After you do this, when you next run the wizard you should notice that the server name value is prepopulated. Unless you have other network issues between the machines, it should complete successfully.

Let me know how it goes.

Actions

This Discussion