CCNp BCMSN Online lab and study help pls

Unanswered Question
Jan 23rd, 2009

I scheduled mu BCMSN next month and i am looking for some online simulators as i cannot buys whole lot of equipment..and can some one help me how to prepare and study maerials ,,, much appreciuated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
kevinmayres Wed, 02/04/2009 - 09:39

Try GNS3 but no substitute for renting rackspace for a few hours I think or having some used gear from eBay or Craigslist.

ccannon88567 Thu, 02/05/2009 - 03:44

Wow - I have given myself a year to study and prepare for this one.

You definately need the official study guide, very informative but has lot of unecessary info not required for the exam. It is detailed inside which sections are on or not included in the exam.

Secondly I paid for the BCMSN Bryant advantage but I think it's a load of crap to be quite honest. Too gimmicky, that guy should be selling used cars not study materials.

The test sims are too short and you can not just simply read it like you could a PDF (Designed this way to counteract file sharing).

If you need to learn fast I would really urge you to try and get hold of some second hand equipment - you could buy and sell it off if you can loan the cash. They seem to hold their value relatively well.

I bought 2 x 3550's and already had 5 = 2950's.

It would be nice too have a 4500 to learn the supervisor stuff but I think you can get away with just memorising the commands. Also, CATos is not on the exam so forget about learning all the "set" commands if you need to cram.

GNS3 need's IOS files too work.

Good luck!

Hope this helps buddy,

chandu.84 Thu, 02/05/2009 - 07:51

Hey,, thnx a lot man

Will do that sir

Have my exam on last week of feb

Much appreciated

kevinmayres Thu, 02/05/2009 - 09:34

Yup, GNS3 can be a pain to set up and you have to have Cisco download access for the IOS image files. I think Cisco also has a new switch virtualization technology of some kind but it may only be targeted at CCNA level and only available as a teaching tool. No substitute for real gear. Or in a pinch, rent space.

This Discussion