cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enrollment and Stopping Unified Messaging

gpworld
Level 1
Level 1

Ok what am I missing. We have a Unity environment that new subscribers (from AD) are set for enrollment at next log in. However, users can still manage and listen to voicemail via Exchange and outlook. Can I prevent this from occuring until they have finished enrollment?

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

To my knowledge, there is not a way to prevent this from occurring, other than to implement voicemail only (no unified messaging). We send our users a welcome email that includes instructions for enrolling in voicemail. This will become important when Exchange is down and UMR (offline repository) is taking external call voice messages. Users will have to use the phone to access these messages. Also a consideration is that these same users will at some point, want to access voicemail from home or cell. Until they record a spoken name (if you've indicated this as a requirement), recorded a standard greeting, and changed the password, they will continue to get prompted for enrollment each time they call in and will not be allowed to listen to voice messages until they do. Despite all this, we still have users that rarely use the phone interface for voicemail and do all of their voice messaging business - forwards and replies from within Outlook. You can run the Subscriber Information Dump with this selected to show you which subscribers have not yet completed enrollment.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: