Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.x direct to VM Transfer

jones2sr
Level 1
Level 1

ccm 6 and uc 2.x

My customer wants to be able to transfer directly into someones voicemail without ringing the phones. I can do this on Unity, but the options are not the same on Unity connection 2.x and am having trouble getting this to work. any ideas?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Steve,

Did you use the method shown in this doc?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

If yes, make sure that the word "voicemail" is not configured on the CTI RP Alerting Name.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Yes, I've tried this method. The result is lets say I dial *44444 using a *4XXXX RP with a seperate vmprofile is getting the opening greeting requesting dialing by extension. I have confirmed the altering name does not contain 'voicemail'

Issue resolved by resting VM profile.

thanks for the assistance.

Im not sure how many installs I have done and I keep forgetting to build the transfer to voicemail items.... saved by Rob again.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Steve,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! +5 points for this nice follow-up.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: