cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%L2_AGING-SP-2-DEC_EN_FAIL: Failed to initialize Distributed EtherChannel

ramzi-kotob
Level 1
Level 1

The FWSM did not initialize the DEC correctly and I am planning on issuing the command "No monitor session servicemodle" Is this intrusive and to what extent. Will it resolve the issue or do I have to upgrade the IOS. I am running 12.2.18 SXd7B

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ramzi,

do it only during a maintanance window the effects can be huge.

Actually we experienced a problem on our webfarm caused by trying to change this monitor session command.

If you can access the FWSM you can verify if the bundle work.

your IOS release is near to the one we use that I think is 12.2(18)SXF9 (I'm not in office now if you like I can tell you next week)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ramzi,

do it only during a maintanance window the effects can be huge.

Actually we experienced a problem on our webfarm caused by trying to change this monitor session command.

If you can access the FWSM you can verify if the bundle work.

your IOS release is near to the one we use that I think is 12.2(18)SXF9 (I'm not in office now if you like I can tell you next week)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

Thank you for the information. This is very helpfull. Please let me know next week what IOS release you are running.

What do you mean by verify if the bundle wirk in the FWSM. I know the firewall is working properly.

Thank you,

Ramzi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card