Views
Helpful
Replies

Collecting MOH trace files In CCM6.1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I need to troubleshoot MOH problems and need to collect MOH trace files...I canr seem to find any specific parameter for MOH..is this under CCM traces?

Please rate all useful posts
6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you would need to gather CUCM and IPVMS traces to troubleshoot MOH issues

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks, The interesting this is that when i try to collect IPVMS files, it says no files to collect...

I am trying to troubleshoot MOH from flash. I have read your threads on this..

I have a scenario where I have configured a remote gateway to stream MOH from flash. I downloaded the file sampleaudiosource.wav from callmanager..when I downloaded the file, it gave me about 6 files..SampleAudionSource.alwaw.wav, SampleAudionSource.ulwaw.wav,SampleAudionSource.g729.wav. I loaded these files into the router flash.

The question I have is this, when configuring the moh audio file, what should I use..should it be moh SampleAudioSource.wav or moh SampleAudionSource.ulaw.wav?

Secondly, do I need to put the gateway into a MRGL with the Multicast MOH server in it?

Thanks Jamie

ok, then just look at CUCM traces to see what IP the phones are told to listen at when put on hold

use SampleAudionSource.ulaw.wav since only G711 is supported

you definitely need to add the multicast MOH source to a MRGL which all the devices you want to use it can access.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Jamie,

Thanks will test this tomorrow and let you know

Take a look at this doc,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html#wp1069749

Make sure that M-MOH server in CUCM uses G711 to region where IP Phone|Gateway is.

debugs are there.

For this type of issue we will need only CUCM traces, unless MOH allocation in CUCM fails we will IPVMS. Remember that MOM we are only spoofing IP addr...

Gonzalez,

Thanks alot. I have this document and I think I have not configured the correct IP address for my audio source and have not put my gateway in a MRGL. I will correct this and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks