cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6 & CME4 H.323 Trunk

kbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of documentation as to how to configure a H.323 Trunk between a CUCM6 and a CME4?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

On the CallManager you will create a H323 Gateway. You will need to configure the route patterns of what you want to go to CME pointed at that H323 gateway.

On the CME you will need to create a VOIP Dial Peer that points to the CallManager.

Example - If the extensions you wanted to dial from CME to CM were in the 1XXX range and the IP address of the CM was 10.10.10.10 you could do this

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description ** Calls To CM **

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Hope that helps.

Craig

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

On the CallManager you will create a H323 Gateway. You will need to configure the route patterns of what you want to go to CME pointed at that H323 gateway.

On the CME you will need to create a VOIP Dial Peer that points to the CallManager.

Example - If the extensions you wanted to dial from CME to CM were in the 1XXX range and the IP address of the CM was 10.10.10.10 you could do this

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description ** Calls To CM **

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Hope that helps.

Craig

kbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to enable H.323 on any of the interfaces of the CME? I did this and pointed my CUCM Trunk to that interfaces IP address.

Nevermind, no need to reply. I removed the H.323 reference on the CME. It works now! I had to resolve a routing problem.

Now I couldn't get the CME to call the CUCM. I needed to put the following staement on the FastEThernet interface of the CME to get it to work: h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr x.x.x.x