Views
Helpful
Replies

%C6KPWR-SP-4-COULDNOTREPOWER

john_peter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I need an immediate solution if possible...

I have converted catos to ios in one of our 6500 switch one hr back. After that two of the modules are not coming up..(10,12).

I can not powerup the machine at the moment in order to troubleshoot further due to some maintanance issues...

I understand its due to insufficient power... Pls let me know what can be done in order to fix the issue....

Pls find the attachment...

-John(US)

6 Replies 6

john_peter
Level 1
Level 1

Pls find the attachement

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Just as a guess verify the power mode ur running if its redundant then change it to combined temporarly to that u get enough power.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi,

Thnks sir,

This is a workaround to combine both PSs and give enough power to modules..

But could you tell who exactly is the curlprit.

Can you check module 10 and 12...

Hi

The 12 module is unable to come up due to insufficient power and the 10 module is think it is not recognised may u need to look at the IOS issues.

Thanks

Mahmood

Thanks sir,

2 questions-

1: IOS 6516 chassis supports WS-CAC-2500W or need higher like WS-CAC-6000W.

2:module 9 and 10 are same, then 10 also should come up. So would ios become an issue?

-John

You would have to check on the feature navigator or the release notes to see if the version of IOS that you chose supports your installed card base. Also look in the logs or watch it boot up and see if it gives you a reason why it did not power up mod 10 . You could also try resetting slot 10 if you haven't already done so .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: