Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Dials vs Speed Dials

ckltd7401
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I need to create one list of speed dials for all IP phones in one remote site to share. I'd like to present this list to the IP phones as a service so that I can control which phones have access to this centralized speed dial listing. I'm not quite sure how Fast Dials is supposed to work and was curious if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm leaning away from personal speed dials so that it's not necessary for each user to maintain a separate listing.

We are using UCCM 6.1.2 with 7961 IP phones.

Thx in advance for any input,

ck

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

fast dials are already embedded but need to be configured PER USER, we do not provide a service to which you can subscribe the phones and manage it centrally

you would need to create your own service or directory in order to do this

speed dials are simply the ones that are assigned to a button on the phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Would TAC be able to assist with creating such service or directory? If not, any direction as to where I can research doing this myself?

no, TAC is break and fix of what is provided with the product. no custom development.

you can try the IP Phone Services for Developers section of NetPro or contact DEV support.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob,

This post is definitely a step in the right direction. (Thanks!) I've got a little homework to do, because it appears that the techs on that post were working with a windows-based call manager. I'm working with UCCM 6.1.2 on the Linux-based Appliance. I'm that most of the basic principles remain the same. I'll post my results.

Thanks again,

Lamar

Typo correction:

I'm that most of the basic principles remain the same. I'll post my results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: