cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shell Cmd Auth Set allows to much

JHolmes763
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a Shell Command Authorization Set. I want to give someone access to enter "configure terminal" and any "mac-address-table static *" commands.

Unmatched commands: Deny

configure -> permit terminal

mac-address-table -> permit static

I built a group and assigned this shell command authorization set to it, level 15, etc.

Now when I create a test user, I can enter "configure terminal" and any other command it seems. "router ospf 21", "interface vlan 101", etc. are all ALLOWED even though I haven't listed them in my command authorization set.

Any idea what I'm missing? Thank you for any responses.

---John Holmes...

3 Replies 3

JHolmes763
Level 1
Level 1

Just to clarify, the issue seems to be with limiting global configuration commands. I can limit privileged exec commands easily using the Authorization Sets.

Is it not possible to limit global configuration commands once you give the user the ability to enter "configure terminal"?

Thanks.

Yes, it is absolutely possible. Like this:

user = test {

member = limited

login = des xxxxxxx

name = "ccie security"

}

group = limited {

default service = deny

cmd = show {

permit "arp .*"

permit "cam .*"

deny .*

}

not sure how cisco does it in ACS but in freeware TACACS+, that's how I do it.

Thanks for the help. shell command authorization sets don't have a format like that though. I don't know if there's a way to enter permissions like that through ACS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: