Thanks,

Malik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malik,

To use a PIN code to authorize calls (like FAC codes in CCM). In CME use Call Blocking and Override funtionality. Have a look;

Call blocking to prevent unauthorized use of phones is implemented by matching a pattern of specified digits during a specified time of day and day of week or date. Up to 32 patterns of digits can be specified. Call blocking is supported on IP phones only and not on analog foreign exchange station (FXS) phones.

When a user attempts to place a call to digits that match a pattern that has been specified for call blocking during a time period that has been defined for call blocking, a fast busy signal is played for approximately 10 seconds. The call is then terminated, and the line is placed back in on-hook status.

Call blocking applies to all IP phones in a Cisco CME system, although individual IP phones can be exempted from all call blocking.

Individual phone users can be allowed to override call blocking associated with designated time periods by entering **personal identification numbers (PINs)** that have been assigned to their phones.

For IP phones that support soft keys, such as the Cisco IP Phone 7940G and the Cisco IP Phone 7960G, the call-blocking override feature allows individual phone users to override the call blocking that has been defined for designated time periods. The system administrator must first assign a personal identification number (PIN) to any phone that will be allowed to override call blocking.

Then, to override call blocking, the phone user presses the Login soft key on the phone and enters the PIN that is associated with the phone. Note that logging in to a phone with a PIN only allows the user to override call blocking that is associated with particular time periods. Blocking patterns that are created with the 7-24 keyword in the after-hours block pattern command are in effect 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they cannot be overridden by using a PIN.

When PINs are configured for call-blocking override, they are cleared at a specific time of day or after phones have been idle for a specific amount of time. The time of day and amount of time can be set by the system administrator.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

There is also this 3rd party product;

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi Malik,

You are most welcome my friend! You have not created any "Block Patterns" like shown below (that will be blocked during the specified times);

telephony-service

after-hours block pattern 1 91

after-hours block pattern 2 9011

after-hours block pattern 3 91900 7-24

SCCP: Configuring Call-Waiting Indicator Tone

To specify the type of audible call-waiting indicator on a SCCP phone, perform the following steps. The default is for directory numbers to accept call interruptions, such as call waiting, and to issue a beep tone. Instead of the standard call waiting beep, you can enable a ring tone for call-waiting.

Restrictions

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported if the ephone-dn is configured with the no call-waiting beep accept command.

•If you configure a button to have a silent ring, you will not hear a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring regardless of whether the ephone-dn associated with the button is configured to generate a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring.

•The call-waiting beep volume cannot be adjusted through Cisco Unified CME for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G, Cisco ATA-186, and Cisco ATA-188.

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, or Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. call-waiting beep [accept | generate]

5. call-waiting ring

6. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1117436

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malik,

To use a PIN code to authorize calls (like FAC codes in CCM). In CME use Call Blocking and Override funtionality. Have a look;

Call blocking to prevent unauthorized use of phones is implemented by matching a pattern of specified digits during a specified time of day and day of week or date. Up to 32 patterns of digits can be specified. Call blocking is supported on IP phones only and not on analog foreign exchange station (FXS) phones.

When a user attempts to place a call to digits that match a pattern that has been specified for call blocking during a time period that has been defined for call blocking, a fast busy signal is played for approximately 10 seconds. The call is then terminated, and the line is placed back in on-hook status.

Call blocking applies to all IP phones in a Cisco CME system, although individual IP phones can be exempted from all call blocking.

Individual phone users can be allowed to override call blocking associated with designated time periods by entering **personal identification numbers (PINs)** that have been assigned to their phones.

For IP phones that support soft keys, such as the Cisco IP Phone 7940G and the Cisco IP Phone 7960G, the call-blocking override feature allows individual phone users to override the call blocking that has been defined for designated time periods. The system administrator must first assign a personal identification number (PIN) to any phone that will be allowed to override call blocking.

Then, to override call blocking, the phone user presses the Login soft key on the phone and enters the PIN that is associated with the phone. Note that logging in to a phone with a PIN only allows the user to override call blocking that is associated with particular time periods. Blocking patterns that are created with the 7-24 keyword in the after-hours block pattern command are in effect 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they cannot be overridden by using a PIN.

When PINs are configured for call-blocking override, they are cleared at a specific time of day or after phones have been idle for a specific amount of time. The time of day and amount of time can be set by the system administrator.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

There is also this 3rd party product;

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your support. Attached is the configuration of my CME router. Sir the problem which i m facing is that i follwed all the steps given in the cisco doc link send by you. I have attached my running config of my router. The problem which i am facing is that i have certain users on which i have given access for international dialing but the thing is that any other user can come physically to that ip phone and can make internationl call from that particular ip phone. I need to assign PINs to the ip phone so that the user can login with his PIN number and can make outgoing call. I hope you understand what i mean to say. Please let me know if there is any mistake in my configuration or i need to add some more commands. Below is the config of particular ip phone user.

!

ephone-dn 12 dual-line

number 4284

label Amro Daye

name Amro Daye

call-forward busy 4000

call-forward noan 4000 timeout 25

corlist incoming GROUP-5

hold-alert 30 originator

!

!

ephone 15

device-security-mode none

mac-address 001F.6C80.0662

username "T4284"

speed-dial 1 4282 label "Tarig Al-Mutlaq"

speed-dial 2 4275 label "Junaid Ganai"

speed-dial 3 4277 label "Ahmed Refat"

speed-dial 4 4291 label "Amir Fida"

speed-dial 5 4283 label "Mukarram Malik"

speed-dial 6 4280 label "Shaikh Azeezullah"

speed-dial 7 4276 label "Raul Bacani"

type 7970

button 1:12

pin 123456

!

i want to know is that the 3rd party tool link you have posted, is it for CME or CM. If for CME then can i download it for free ???.

Another thing i would like to know is that is there any call waiting facility in CME. Like for example If two persons are already talking to each other on ip phones and if the third person call the same person which are talking to each other, can it be possbile that he can know that he can see on the display of his ip phone that called person is already in a conversation. Like call waiting facility on mobile phones. Hope you understand. If there is any confusion plz do let me know.

Waiting for your reply. Your consideration in this regard will highly be commendable.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

You are most welcome my friend! You have not created any "Block Patterns" like shown below (that will be blocked during the specified times);

telephony-service

after-hours block pattern 1 91

after-hours block pattern 2 9011

after-hours block pattern 3 91900 7-24

SCCP: Configuring Call-Waiting Indicator Tone

To specify the type of audible call-waiting indicator on a SCCP phone, perform the following steps. The default is for directory numbers to accept call interruptions, such as call waiting, and to issue a beep tone. Instead of the standard call waiting beep, you can enable a ring tone for call-waiting.

Restrictions

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported if the ephone-dn is configured with the no call-waiting beep accept command.

•If you configure a button to have a silent ring, you will not hear a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring regardless of whether the ephone-dn associated with the button is configured to generate a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring.

•The call-waiting beep volume cannot be adjusted through Cisco Unified CME for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G, Cisco ATA-186, and Cisco ATA-188.

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, or Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. call-waiting beep [accept | generate]

5. call-waiting ring

6. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1117436

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Mr. Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I added the block pattern command mentioned in your post. But still i am not able to login through the PIN assigned to the ip phone. Is there any issue of firmware.

Another thing is that i guess you are not able understand what i mean to say regarding call waiting feautre. I want to know that is there any configuration i need to do to see on my own ip phone display that the called party is already in a conversation. I hope you you understand what i mean to say.

Please do reply me. I will be anxioulsy waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik

Dear All,

Anybody would like to reply my post.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone solved this?

I'm facing this issue as well. I have a single pattern blocked and it is being blocked alright.

But logging in or out won't matter, I'm still blocked all the time.

I configured some phones with the "after-hours exempt" command and I still have my calls blocked on these phones.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Hi,

Am facing same problem

any help ?

Hi,

It was solved with me when I used a different IOS.

I was using IOS YB release (12.4.22YB and 12.4.22YB1 to be exact)

I changed to IOS T release (12.4.22T).

It looks to be a bug.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: