cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130AGLWAPP connected to HP switch

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where wireless coverage is very low, its so low you can easily something is wrong with AP transmit power. I looked up controller it shows transmit power level is 1. AP is Cisco 1130AG connected to HP 3500yl-48G..I observed on the switch that its only giving 8.5Watts to AP. Could this be a possible issue that AP is not getting enough power from Switch in order to deliver more out ...otherwise AP is already operating at TX power level 1 as I see in controller. Controller version is 5.1.151.0. Please suggest

IDF-H-PE1# sh power-management 31

Status and Counters - Port Power Status for port 31

Power Enable : Yes

Priority : Critical Configured Type :

Detection Status : Delivering Power Class : 3

Over Current Cnt : 0 MPS Absent Cnt : 0

Power Denied Cnt : 1 Short Cnt : 0

Voltage : 508 dV Current : 172 mA

Power : 8720 mW

2 Replies 2

wesleyterry
Level 3
Level 3

I think that 12.95W (up to 15.4) is what you should be seeing for a power draw.

Do you have both the A and G radios on? If so, disable one of the radio's and see what happens.

I'm not sure about 5.1, but do the APs still have the "pre-standard" and "power injector" state options? You might want to check the power injector option for the AP if it isn't already.

Other than that, what is the power load like on your HP switch? I show it is a 48 port switch, and like 7W is a maximum on some fully populated 48 port cisco switches, so maybe a similar thing is going on with the HP?

Thanks for your reply, I did try disabling radios and it showed less power being used by that port. I also tried checking POWER INJECTOR option but that didnt seems to make any difference.

Power Load is below on this switch:

Status and Counters - System Power Status for slot A

Maximum Power : 204 W Operational Status : On

Power In Use : 110 W +/- 6 W Usage Threshold (%) : 80

Chasis is 5300, still I dont get why it takes less power then required.

Later

Omair

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card