Views
Helpful
Replies

static NAT with route-map

costin.vilcu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i need to know if the following problem can be solved with an ISR x800 (adv sec image) and if it can, how.

The problem is: i have a single public ip and a server inside with a private ip.

I need to forward tcp (port 85) trafic coming from some public addresses to the internal server on port 86; and the rest of the internet coming on the same port (85) to the same internal server, but on other port (88).

I was thinking about someting like:

access-list extended ACL_1

permit ip the_public_ip_1 my_public_ip

permit ip the_public_ip_2 my_public_ip

route-map RMAP_1

match ip address ACL_1

access-list extended ACL_2

deny ip the_public_ip_1 my_public_ip

deny ip the_public_ip_2 my_public_ip

permit ip any any

route-map RMAP_2

match ip address ACL_2

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.10 86 2.2.2.2 85 route-map RMAP_1 reversible

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.10 88 2.2.2.2 85 route-map RMAP_2 reversible

But it does not work.

Any ideeas?

The reason for needing this is because i need to migrate from a linux to cisco and on the linux box it can be done.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Costin,

I remember a similar thread of some mounths ago.

From the command reference of 12.4 the syntax of command ip nat inside source is described as follows:

ip nat inside source static {tcp | udp {local-ip local-port global-ip global-port | interface global-port}} [extendable | mapping-id map-id | no-alias | no-payload | redundancy group-name | route-map | reversible | vrf name] [match-in-vrf]

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/command/reference/iad_nat.html#wp1011696

in that case was the combination of static NAT on specific TCP ports that didn't work with a route-map.

A static NAT not port based was able to invoke and use a route-map instead a NAT port specific NAT not.

the command syntax says that some parameters are in or when you see "|"

So you may be facing a functional limitation of IOS.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card