Problem with wireless APs Disassociating from 2106 controller

Unanswered Question
Jan 25th, 2009

Hi..

I seem to have a problem with the stability of my wireless infrastructure. The problem seems to be that the APs Disassociate from the controller and associates again after a while. Sometimes I even have to reset the APs to re-associate.

The only help from the logs by the controller, is some lines mentioning that the AP of a certain MAC-address is disassociated with cause unknown..

Does anyone here know of a probable solution to such a problem? Or maybe just some way to debug the problem and find a solution myself.

It is probable that I myself are the cause, as this is my first set-up of a controller-based Wi-Fi, thus being a novice.

I have some guesses to what could be the cause:

- Heat problem: The APs get hot and are unable to operate. This is a guess because it cannot read sensors (I don't know if these 'sensors' are temp. sensors?)

- Rougediscovery-safty-issue: There are lots of existing private wi-fi networks reachable, and maybe the APs drop the connection upon discovery of too many rouge APs, due to some security-setting?

- Rx Multicast: The log includes many lines of error mentioning the RX Multicast Queue being full?

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong. In the beginning it worked very good, but now after about six months of operation it begins with this. I may just have made some problem with the configuration, but I can't seem to find a solution.

The controller is a Cisco 2106 Wireless lan controller and the four APs connected are AIR-LAP1131AG.

PoE is not used as our switches does not support this feature..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/Jais

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
chuckwirth Mon, 01/26/2009 - 12:04

If your system has been working fine for 6 months then the problem is most likely not a configuration problem, but a physical one. You may have a too low SNR (signal to noise) ratio due to interference (natural or manmade) or problems with the antennas. Try to verify your antenna alignment and switch the frequency you are using.

Try the debug lwapp events enable command to see what is happening.

Here is a link to the cisco troubleshooting guide:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1520/troubleshooting/guide/TrbleshtMesh.html#wp1014809

heslegrave Tue, 01/27/2009 - 02:25

Thank you for your response..

I will try the debugging..

The problem are between the antenna and the Wireless Lan Controller, and they are all connected with cat5 RJ45-cables. There are a fine connection through those cables..

Actions

This Discussion