cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE on 2611XM does not register with SIP provider

pverstegen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to register my 2611XM (c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-23.bin) with my SIP provider to make in and outgoing SIP calls to CUCM6. But whatever I try, my CUBE does not register with my SIP provider. Does anyone now what's wrong?

Best regards, Peter

27 Replies 27

So for CUBE, it's a little trickier.

There are two ways to make a number attempt to register with the registrar:

-A pots dial peer with a destination pattern

-An ephone-dn in CME

The pots dial peer is normally not available for CUBE due to a lack of analog voice ports.

You can do something like this:

telephony-service

ip source 1.1.1.1

max-ephone 1

max-dn 1

ephone-dn 1

number

That's the trickiest part of registration on CUBE. 'debug ccsip messages' helps and 'show sip status reg' and 'show sip regist stat' help. I get the last two commands mixed up, so I generally use both :)

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

Your solution is extremely helpfull. At least there is some activity now, but I'm still not registered yet.

Line peer expires(sec) registered

==== ==== ============ ===========

0475881803 20001 110 no

Problem is that my provider listens on SIP-port 38383 instead of 5060 and it seems that my router also has to listen on port 38383 to register succesfull. With my IOS version I'm not able to use the sip listening-port command under "service voip voip - sip". I tried to fix this with my PIX using static nat, but without succes at the moment.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Best regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

It may be trickier to do it with NAT. The port gets put into the Contact: and From: fields, and I don't know if the PIX will NAT fix-up those fields or not.

My advice is to get to 12.4(20)T, I believe anyway, where the feature with the listen-port was added.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

The latest T-release on CCO for my 2611XM is c2600-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-15.T8.bin.

I'm not sure if it supports sip listen-port command and besides that I have to upgrade flash and dram (currently 32/128 installed)

Any suggestion? Peter.

Yes, true. This is a 12.4(20)T feature which your 2600 will not support.

The only other option is deep packet inspection with SIP that will change the port fields in the SIP messages, or finding a different provider which doesn't have this restriction.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

I have been testing with a different SIP provider (using 5060). My sip-ua status was registered immediately. But calls still don't reach my CUCM. According to debugging output there are some problems with codec.

Do you know some good documents regarding my setup: CUCM6-H323-CUBE-(MTP)-SIP-provider.

Best regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

If you're troubleshooting codec problems, sometimes it's best to put 'codec transparent' on both incoming and outgoing dial-peers. This just lets the codec negotiations pass through the CUBE.

You will have to check your dial peer destination patterns to see if they're going to CUBE.

Debugging 'debug h245 asn1' and 'debug h225 asn1' will help you see if you're even sending it towards your CUCM. If you are, you'll see a whole bunch of debugs. That means your CUCM doesn't like something you're sending, or you have CUCM config problems (like CSS).

Things to check:

-You have the h323 bind command on the interface you have configured in CUCM.

-CSS assigned to H323 gateway contains partition of phone you're dialing

-You are dialing the number in the format that the number is in on CUCM (significant digits, leadings 9's 1's, etc)

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

debugging h245/h225 asn1 doesn't show any messages. Perhaps you can take a look at the config of my 2611XM which is behind PIX only doing PAT.

Many many thanks.

Peter

Attached: CUBE.txt

If you're looking in your logging buffer, you are only looking at information level debugs:

logging buffered 1000000 7

try:

conf t

exi

make sure your logging is on, or 'term mon'.

then add 'debug ccsip messages' and make sure you're actually receiving the SIP messages.

hth,

nick

Nick,

I am receiving sip call's but I get busy tone.

Still no h323 activity.

Please see attached output.

Best regards,

Peter

Could be a few things:

-Maybe you don't have reachability to CUCM

-Maybe CUCM isn't set up for H323 for this IP address

-Firewall

-Bug in 12.4 mainline

Try downloading 12.4(15)T8 see if it helps. Codec transparent isn't supported in this IOS, among other things.

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

12.4(15)T8 will not fit(256/64MB).

Perhaps you can answer following questions I'm currently not sure of:

1) Should I use the interface facing the CUCM as h323 source interface and the interface facing the PIX as SIP source interface?

2 Do I realy need MTP functionality? The MTP config does not support codec-transparant.

Just take your time...

Peter

1) Yes. Bind both of them, and make sure that you reference the correct IP addresses on each side.

2) Codec transparent is a CUBE feature that says "pass all the codec negotiations through without changing them". The MTP is completely oblivious to this, and of course supports it. MTPs are required by different call versions and situations. Generally for SIP-H323 it becomes required, but not always. I would keep it on.

If it doesn't fit on the flash, try something like this:

Router(config)#boot system flash tftp://1.1.1.1/c2800-ipvoicek9-124-15.T8.bin

hth,

nick

Hi Nick,

I just ordered some DRAM. If it's installed I will let you know.

All the best,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: