cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME syslog automated action

u346874_2
Level 1
Level 1

I d like to make syslog automated action when %RTD-1-ADDR_FLAP appears to syslog. I create and try to select it from list of syslogs. Any idea how to find from that list anything when defining new message type.There is quite hard to find anything from that list of syslogs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This message is not in the pre-compiled list. The list cannot be complete as new messages and platforms are added all the time. That's why the interface allows you to specify your own message type. In this case, click the Add button (instead of Select), and specify the following values:

Facility : RTD

Sub-facility : *

Severity : 1

Mnemonic : ADDR_FLAP

Description : *

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This message is not in the pre-compiled list. The list cannot be complete as new messages and platforms are added all the time. That's why the interface allows you to specify your own message type. In this case, click the Add button (instead of Select), and specify the following values:

Facility : RTD

Sub-facility : *

Severity : 1

Mnemonic : ADDR_FLAP

Description : *

OK thanks. I did that. Is there a way to see or search from that list (select). It takes lot of time when try to search from that long list.

Juha

You cannot search. However, the list is indexed by facility in alphabetical order. So, in your case, you'd find the RTD facility, then expand it to see the various messages.

Looks like i need some updates because i cant see RTD facility.(Now using LMS2.6 RME 4.0.6)

Right, as I said before, your message is not there. There are many messages not in the built-in list. If you can't find the message you want, then you will need to add it. Personally, I find it quicker to always use the Add button.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco