Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Transfer

Hi.

It's possible do a automaticc transfer from extension to mailbox after business hours?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

always mention what you use, since you don't, i'll just assume this is CUCM and unity

you can use TOD to achieve this behavior, create a TOD pattern with CFA to VM and activate after hours

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java.

Thanks

Hi people

Hi

Excuse me my question. I know about Cisco Unity is very little

My client wants a particular extension, after business hours, play a message like "Our time of service until x is y", I think do it using TOD of CallManager or using forward all of extension to VoiceMail Box

My question is:

Is it possible set up a extension like autoattendant of NM-CUE?

Is it possible to create a voicemail box that does not save messages? Because the idea is that no one leave a message in this extension number

Hi!

Please check these documents for more information about CUE and AA:

*** Configuring Auto-Attendants ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/administration/guide/voicemail/5AAttnd.html

There's a script provided with Cisco Unity Express is named aa.aef used for auto-attendant.

*** Overview of Cisco Unity Express Voice Mail and Auto Attendant ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_1/cme_gui/ch1over.html#wp1052657

*** Cisco Unity Express 2.2 Guide to Writing Auto-Attendant Scripts ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_2/editor/scred22.html

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Teresa.

The links are about Cisco Unity Express.

My solution is Cisco Unity.

Thanks

ok, for that you can even skip TOD on CUCM

i assume you have a main greeting for whatever nunmber you're going to reach.

there are several kinds of greetings, one of such is called the closed greeting.

now, on the main call handler page there is a time schedule. you can create a new one and modify it accordingly to what you need.

under the closed greeting record your message, after greeting option configure hang up

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sorry, but you did mention "Is it possible set up a extension like autoattendant of NM-CUE?" That's why I thought you were using CUE.

Anyway, if you have a Unity 4.X or 5.X or Unity Connection 1.X or 2.X integrated with CUCM here are the steps to configure an AA:

1. On CUCM create a CTI Route Point with DN XXXX and Call Forward All to Voicemail.

NOTE: If you have an incoming DID number, make sure you use a Translation Pattern to route the call to the

CTI DN XXXX

2. On Unity create a Call Handler with extension = XXXX

This way you will force all the incoming calls to get to a Call Handler that will act as AA.

Add a schedule that fits your needs to the CH. You can play with the standard and closed greetings (according to the schedule, the standard greeting will be uses during "open" hours and closed during "closed" hours).

Be aware that the alternate greeting overrides the other 2.

3. Configure the Caller Input for the call handler if needed and record the greetings you wish to play when a user calls the AA number.

4. If you don't need any caller input then configure the "after greeting action" = hung up.

You can check CH configuration at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/402/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0200.html

Regards,

Tere.

Hi Teresa!

I confused the cases and wrote my question wrong. Excuse me and thank your answer

Thanks

Ok no worries! Have a nice day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: