cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding contacts for CUPC

zvonny1979
Level 1
Level 1

I just started working with CUPS and CUPC and I've encountered some strange behavior after install. I have no LDAP sync yet since I'm working in a lab environemnt for the moment.

I have noticed that when I manually add a contact in CUPC, I cannot see the presence status of the person nor IM with them. I can call(audio & video) as well as e-mail them. The reason for this is that there is no "IM" address for the person and it cannot be added either.

But if I add the person through CUPS user pages, all I can add is the persons User and Nickname. Then I can see the presence status and IM them, but I cannot call them since no "telephone" or e-mail info can be added through the user webpages.

If I try to change and save the information by editing the contact in CUPC, the changes are not saved.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Is it perhaps so that you're not "supposed" to add contacts in this manner, but instead search for them through LDAP and add them as Buddies just by right-clicking?

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

LDAP and user sync is the most important (yet confusing) part of CUPS/CUPC.

The user ID of your CUPC contacts need to match the user ID on CUCM (case sensitive).

In a non-LDAP environment, things would be more complicated.

See my blog for details:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Also, I have detailed explanation on LDAP interaction in this book:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Michael

Hello Michael,

This is my 4rth installation of CUPS server. I am facing a very strange problem with LDAP integration. On this setup i have CUCM 7.1.3b and CUPS 7.0.6

Everything seems to be ok on Server Health however i cannot use the "Search company directory" to add contacts. I use the same AD credentials on CUCM and i can see all end users. Using the same credentials on CUPS i can view all users under End Users. The problem is with CUPC. I do not get any result while searching in order to add a user.

Can you please advice?

Thanks

You may do a packet capture while doing the CUPC corporate direcitory search.  We should be able to find something from the capture.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Zvonimir,

Did you find the solution to fix this problem? I have the same issue as you described in your post. Thanks.

Michael

Syed Hashmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello econstantinou,

Did you able to find the solution of this issue? I have same problem. Just can't search any user but able to add anyone manually.

Thanks

Hi,

the problem was on the LDAP user search base on LDAP configuration

Check again your configuration.

If you have CCM integrated with LDAP (recommented when use Presence) and it working then use the same config.

Elias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: