Views
Helpful
Replies

JRM is in "Waiting to initialize" state

klepikov_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

RME is in "Waiting to initialize" state after log rotation. Services are stopped during log rotation. For some time after installation everything was OK.

This happens also when I restart server or dmgtd. When I stop JRM service, wait for about 15-20 minutes and then start JRM, it starts OK, state is "Running normally". When I stop JRM and immediately start it, state is "Waiting to initialize". I tried to set log rotation delay in NMSROOT\objects\logrot\logrot.conf, but it didn't help.

What could cause the problem?

LMS 3.1 . Server is Windows Server 2003 Standart Edition SP1, runs on VMware Server 2, VMware tools installed. 2 CPU, 4096MB RAM. I have not changed hostname of the server.

jrm.log, NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties, the output of the SET command from a DOS prompt and list of processes from the Service control panel are attached in zip file.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This server is not supported. You must be running VMWare ESX 3.0 or 3.5. The problem you're facing is performance-related. While jrm is fully initializing, it is not doing so in a timely fashion. Therefore, Daemon Manager is giving up, and marking the process as perpetually waiting.

If you upgrade to a supported VM, with enough CPU resources (i.e. at least 2.6 GHz of faster CPUs), then you should be set.

OK, I got it. Thank you!