Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk on CME

youssef.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does CME supports more than one SIP trunk to different devices?

Also

Does SIP trunk on CME supports more than one call either audio only or video calls??

Regards,

Ahmed Kamal

13 Replies 13

Hi Ahmed,

CME supports multiple SIP trunks, yes. In sip-ua, you can only define one sip server though. CME will only register with one trunk - this may limit you from using more than one provider.

If your provider does not require for you to register then you can support as many trunks as you want via dial peers:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern ipv4:1.1.1.1

session protocol sip

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern ipv4:2.2.2.2

session protocol sip

hth,

nick

Hi nick,

Thanks for your reply but does SIP trunk supports more than one audio or video call over it.?

Yes, you can have as many as you can get with the CPU / memory, which will be many hundreds of calls.

hth,

nick

Hi nick,

could you explain this statement in more details plz:

"In sip-ua, you can only define one sip server though. CME will only register with one trunk "??

You can only register to one SIP provider.

Sorry,

But you mean register my router as a SIP gateway to provider's SIP registrar server?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Sorry,

But you mean register my router as a SIP gateway to provider's SIP registrar server?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Most SIP providers require for your gateway to register one or more numbers.

Our gateways at this time are limited to registering to one registrar only.

If you have a SIP trunk that does not require you to register your number, then you can have multiple.

Thanks nick :)

Hi nick,

could you explain this statement in more details plz:

"In sip-ua, you can only define one sip server though. CME will only register with one trunk "??

Can my ip phones sccp or it must be sip?

For SIP trunks your phones can be either.

-nick

Hi nick,

So i attached my conf.,is there any missing config i should do.

Tandberg endpoint can call me but i can't,i got fast busy with "unknown number"

status,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: