cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New PRI Install

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I have ordered 3 pri's from my telco and they are asking me this question but I am not sure what this means. I know for sure we don't want to do NFAS signaling.... Unless i am not understanding what NFAS really does...

"Exception Please confirm configuration,Order is requesting 3 spans as NFAS no backup D, Cisco builds are usually configured as FAS. Thanks"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You probably don't want to run NFAS. FAS is the opposite of NFAS, so you would want that.

NFAS increases complexity and you are also forced to use H323/SIP. You save a couple of B channels at the expense of it being a true pain for implementation.

Your experience may vary.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

most usually NFAS is not ordered. in any case read this to understand NFAS

Configuring NFAS with Four T1s

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a6bf2.shtml

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You probably don't want to run NFAS. FAS is the opposite of NFAS, so you would want that.

NFAS increases complexity and you are also forced to use H323/SIP. You save a couple of B channels at the expense of it being a true pain for implementation.

Your experience may vary.

hth,

nick

Yes I have used NFAS in a different location and it was really a pain to setup. I am running MGCP on this gateway so I should tell them that I want each PRI setup with FAS signaling... Is that correct?

Correct!

Thanks for the kind ratings.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: