cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4510 Trunking Question

smiths@prpa.org
Level 1
Level 1

Its been a while since I've been in the IOS so please bare with me on this question. We have a 4510 that has several VLANs implemented and I need to add another VLAN to a 4510 at one location and that same VLAN to a 4507 at another location. They are connected to one another via a microwave/Ethernet link. I know how to designate a VLAN and that I need to setup a specific port on the new VLAN at either location so equipment plugged in can see one another. However, I can't recall how to tell my trunk link to use the new VLAN. For that matter I can't get the switch to show me the trunk links. A 'sh trunk' generates an 'invalid input deteted at '^'' in enable mode.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steve

"sh int trunk" will show you the trunk links.

If you add the vlan then by default it will be allowed on the trunk link unless you have manually either

1) removed it off the trunk

2) pruned it off the trunk

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steve

"sh int trunk" will show you the trunk links.

If you add the vlan then by default it will be allowed on the trunk link unless you have manually either

1) removed it off the trunk

2) pruned it off the trunk

Jon

Jon,

I need to get back and review my IOS commands and how to troubleshoot. The Cisco knowledge is rusty.

Many thanks for your help.

~Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card