cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mode Button Disabled

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

I have an 1131AG (autonomous) that was previously configured with the mode button disabled. As a result, I cannot hold it down on power up to restore a default configuration. I do not know the login for the AP to undo the configuration of the mode button. I tried booting and pressing ESC and CTL-Break to see if I could get ROMMON like you would on an earlier 1200 series, and no dice. Anyone know a way around this? I was able to update the IOS, but of course that doesn't affect the config.

Regards,

Scott

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

You can try recovring the AP IOS image using the mode button recovery. The following

URL contains the step-by-step instructions for completing the recovery process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/s38trb.html#wp1058472

Thanks for the reply. The last sentence of my original post indicates that I have already updated the OS using the recovery method. In addition, upgrading the IOS alters what is stored in flash. The configuration (and hence the password) is stored in NVRAM. Therefore, updating the IOS has no effect on the configuration.

Regards,

Scott

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card