Assignig a new Directory number in Communications Manager

Unanswered Question
Jan 26th, 2009

I am trying to set up a new directory number (ctiDIDtoEx*) number and I am confused. Our DID numbers are forwarded to 4 digit phone extensions and I'm able to set up extensions, but I'm unsure how to add new directory numbers. I can actually copy an existing directory number, but then it fails to show up as a ctiDIDtoEx* number. I must be confusing my terminology...

Chet

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 01/26/2009 - 10:42

Hello,

Are these numbers coming in on a PRI or FXO? Is this MGCP, or H.323 gateway? Please advise.

red73mustang Mon, 01/26/2009 - 11:41

You're coming in a little over my head Ken... These numbers are coming on a T1 or a DS3, I'm also not sure wich protocol is being used on the VOIP gatway so lets asume MGCP. We have a rainge of available DIDs (CitiDIDs?) and I need to add some so that I can forward them to the picky users that want their own 4 digit extensions.... GO! :-P

Chet

Jaime Valencia Mon, 01/26/2009 - 13:56

2 options, create a CTI route point and then add the numbers with CFA to X

configure a translation pattern and modify the called party to the phone you want

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 01/26/2009 - 13:58

OK,

I gotcha. Basically what you want to do is find out how many digits the Telco is sending you on the PRI. If they are sending you the last 4 digits of the phone number, then all you need to do is create DN's on the phones that match these numbers. If the last 4 digits of the phone number are different from the 4 digit extensions that you are using internally, then you need to make translation patterns, to translate the numbers that the PSTN is sending you to your internal 4 digit extensions.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

red73mustang Tue, 01/27/2009 - 05:47

Ok, I'm almost there, the telco sent us a slew of 4 digit numbers and we have a spreadsheet that list the available numbers, I normally forward the existing number from the telco to an internal 4 digit extension. I just don't know how to add new DNs to call manager.

rob.huffman Tue, 01/27/2009 - 06:11

Hey Chet,

Just to add a quick note to the great tips from Java and Kenneth (+5 Guys :)

If the Telco sent you the following DID number as one of the bunch;

xxx-yyy-5505

You can usually just create a new phone or a Line button on an existing phone with DN 5505

and the calls will be directed by CUCM to this new number upon creation.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion