cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assignig a new Directory number in Communications Manager

red73mustang
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a new directory number (ctiDIDtoEx*) number and I am confused. Our DID numbers are forwarded to 4 digit phone extensions and I'm able to set up extensions, but I'm unsure how to add new directory numbers. I can actually copy an existing directory number, but then it fails to show up as a ctiDIDtoEx* number. I must be confusing my terminology...

Chet

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Are these numbers coming in on a PRI or FXO? Is this MGCP, or H.323 gateway? Please advise.

You're coming in a little over my head Ken... These numbers are coming on a T1 or a DS3, I'm also not sure wich protocol is being used on the VOIP gatway so lets asume MGCP. We have a rainge of available DIDs (CitiDIDs?) and I need to add some so that I can forward them to the picky users that want their own 4 digit extensions.... GO! :-P

Chet

2 options, create a CTI route point and then add the numbers with CFA to X

configure a translation pattern and modify the called party to the phone you want

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

OK,

I gotcha. Basically what you want to do is find out how many digits the Telco is sending you on the PRI. If they are sending you the last 4 digits of the phone number, then all you need to do is create DN's on the phones that match these numbers. If the last 4 digits of the phone number are different from the 4 digit extensions that you are using internally, then you need to make translation patterns, to translate the numbers that the PSTN is sending you to your internal 4 digit extensions.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Ok, I'm almost there, the telco sent us a slew of 4 digit numbers and we have a spreadsheet that list the available numbers, I normally forward the existing number from the telco to an internal 4 digit extension. I just don't know how to add new DNs to call manager.

that along with CSS and partitions is one of the most basic things you need to do!

Directory Number Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b03dn.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hey Chet,

Just to add a quick note to the great tips from Java and Kenneth (+5 Guys :)

If the Telco sent you the following DID number as one of the bunch;

xxx-yyy-5505

You can usually just create a new phone or a Line button on an existing phone with DN 5505

and the calls will be directed by CUCM to this new number upon creation.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: