cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call queuing in SRST

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that uses a 7960 handset as an operator console, when the site goes into SRST mode the main number is presented to the 7960 handset. Any further calls to the same DDI number receive busy signal. Is there a way to queue calls on the handset. I have also tried forward on busy to a range of number but the forwarding does not take place, i can only get forward on busy to work if I'm specific with the extension number configured. For example all the extensions on site start with 29XX if i use this in the call forward command no call forward takes place.

2 Replies 2

ryhicks
Level 1
Level 1

You may want to look at BACD script and running CME instead of SRST for failover. This way you have some more features to config in a failure situation.

You can configure the script to send the call to a ephone-hunt group between a single line or multiple lines on the phone and queue the calls when those line(s) are busy. You can also configure retry timers, and a final destination which could be VM or another site if needed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

thanks for the info, i have no local unity on this site can i still utilize the AA script for queuing calls on the gateway ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: