cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Unity 4.0(5) to 4.2 - License question

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

If I upgrade a customer from Unity 4.0(5) to 4.2 will I need to get an updated license file? Its staying on the same server, just upgrading the software to 4.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

I just found these for you - http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=4.2%281%29&mdfid=280391779&sftType=Unity+Language+Packs&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+4.2&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communicatio...

In case the link doesn't work for you, go to the Download Software section, Cisco Unity Version 4.2. Unity Language Packs , 4.2(1) You will find them there. In case you have voice cards in your Unity server, you should also download CD2 - these are the voice card driver files. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and I can email you CD3 copy tomorrow.

Ginger

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

Unity 4.0 to 4.1 or 4.2 does not have any licensing requirements unless you are changing servers (so probably no $$) :) Here is the pertinent doc;

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Release 4.2(1)

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp39989

Hope this helps!

Rob

Do you know if I need more than CD1 to upgrade to Unity 4.2. The release notes say I will need at least CD1 and CD3. However, the software download site for Unity 4.2 only shows a download for CD1. Any ideas?

Hi -

CD3 is the stream files, meaning all of the system prompts/recordings. There should be a service pack CD as well you will need. Let me know if you cannot find these, I still have the CD images I downloaded and can mail you a copy.

Ginger

Ginger, I was able to download the service packs, but CD3 is not available for download for some reason. I would only need the CD3 image at this point.

Hi -

I just found these for you - http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=4.2%281%29&mdfid=280391779&sftType=Unity+Language+Packs&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+4.2&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communicatio...

In case the link doesn't work for you, go to the Download Software section, Cisco Unity Version 4.2. Unity Language Packs , 4.2(1) You will find them there. In case you have voice cards in your Unity server, you should also download CD2 - these are the voice card driver files. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and I can email you CD3 copy tomorrow.

Ginger

Ginger, thank you for finding those files. Thats exactly what I was looking for...go figure it was under the language packs. Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: