cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity tempdb causing hard drive to fill up?

Does rebooting the server clear the tempdb file? I had a situation recently where the C drive on a Unity server filled up completely. I rebooted the server and then almost 3 gigs was freed up. I was told that it had happened before. The tempdb, which is on the C drive, was filling up and the server was rebooted and it cleared the tempdb file. I can't confirm this at this time. Is there anything else that could cause the C drive to fill up rapidly?

The commserver folder is on the D drive, version is 4.2.1 on a Win2K3 server.

Thanks for any response.

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You may want to take a look at the following defect

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsm97318

If you're running low on disk space, see about deleting any unneeded files such as saved service packs etc. that take up a lot of space.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Thanks for the response. This looks like good stuff. However, I see that the SQL jobs are failing on step 2, BackUpUnityDbLog. This failure started at the end of December for the nightly and beginning of October for the weekly backup. The first time the drive filled up was back in November, again in December, and now just recently in January, last week.

Could they be related?

In any case, I'll work on the SQL failure and add the commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: